About Ampicon 300mg Tablet
Ampicon 300mg Tablet belongs to a group of drugs known as antipsychotics. Essentially prescribed to patients who suffer from schizophrenia, Ampicon 300mg Tablet treats the symptoms of this mental disorder and controls the condition. It alters certain chemical substances in the brain so as to improve the behavior and thoughts of schizophrenic patients.
Before your doctor prescribes Ampicon 300mg Tablet, he will inquire about your medical history. Inform him in detail about the current health problems that you are facing and the medication you are on. Also, inform him if you are allergic to any medicines or food. For example, inform him if you face any kidney or liver troubles, have diabetes or Parkinson’s disease or if you suffer from epileptic fits. Inform you, doctor, if you are taking any particular medication to treat Parkinson’s disease, other mental health issues, malaria, etc. as they may interfere with the effect of Ampicon300mg Tablet. The drug is not meant for consumption by pregnant women and nursing mothers as it may harm the child. The babies of pregnant women who have taken Ampicon 300mg Tablet during their last trimester may suffer from side effects like weakness, stiffness in the muscles, breathing troubles and drowsiness. In case your child does show any of the above-mentioned symptoms get in touch with your doctor immediately.
Meant for oral consumption, Ampicon 300mg Tablet should be taken before food. Patients on this drug are told to avoid alcohol consumption as it may affect the action of Ampicon 300mg Tablet. It is also advised that driving or the use of machines should be avoided as Ampicon 300mg Tablet can cause drowsiness and change in vision.
When it comes to dosage, your doctor may prescribe you a dose ranging from 50 mg to 800 mg daily. In some cases, a daily dose of 1200 mg may also be prescribed. The doctor may initially start you off with a low dosage and increase it depending on your body’s reaction to Ampicon 300mg Tablet.
Information given here is based on the salt and content of the medicine. The effect and uses of medicine may vary from person to person. It is advisable to consult a Psychiatrist before using this medicine.
What are the uses of Ampicon 300mg Tablet
- Acute Psychosis Ampicon 300mg Tablet is used to manage the symptoms of acute psychosis which may include seeing and hearing things, dissociative behavior, depression, etc.
- Schizophrenia Ampicon 300mg Tablet is also used to manage the symptoms of schizophrenia which may include positive symptoms like hallucinations, delusions, thought disorders, etc. and negative symptoms like emotional and social withdrawal, lack of interest, etc.
What are the side effects of Ampicon 300mg Tablet?
- Excessive Sweating
- Change In Heart Rate
- Severe Chest Pain
- Swelling, Pain, And Redness In The Legs
- Increased Frequency Of Infections
- Severe Skin Allergy
- Restless Legs
- Twitches In The Tongue And Face
- Excessive Salivation
- Decreased Libido
- Weight Gain
What are the dosage instructions?
- Missed dose Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, then the missed dose should be skipped.
- OverdoseContact a doctor if an overdose with Ampicon 300mg Tablet is suspected. Symptoms of an overdose may include excessive drowsiness, fall in blood pressure, agitation, coma, etc.