About Axeps 2.5mg
Axeps (2.5mg) is an anticholinergic agent, prescribed for parkinsonism, Parkinson’s disease, and drug-induced extrapyramidal syndrome. It relaxes smooth muscle that stops muscle spasms.
Some side effects of this medicine are drowsiness, flushing, dizziness, constipation, nausea, blurred vision, weakness, nervousness, dry mouth, decreased sexual ability, painful swallowing, severe abdominal pain, and difficulty urinating.
This drug should not be used if you have certain medical conditions like blockage of the bladder, glaucoma, blockage of the digestive tract, severe ulcerative colitis or muscle disease. Before using this medication, tell your doctor if you suffer from alcoholism, breathing problems, heart problems, diarrhea caused by an infection, kidney disease, high or low blood pressure, liver disease, intestinal problems, overactive thyroid, mood problems, seizure, certain nerve disease, stomach problems, stroke or urinating problems.
It is recommended to take this medicine usually 3 to 4 times a day after meals and at bedtime or as prescribed by your doctor. You may have to start with a low dose and increase your dose gradually. Follow all the instructions your doctor gives regarding the duration and amount of medicine to take.
Information given here is based on the salt and content of the medicine. The effect and uses of medicine may vary from person to person. It is advisable to consult a Psychiatrist before using this medicine.
Side effects of Axeps (2.5mg)
• Most Common: Dry mouth, widening of the pupils, blurred vision, upset stomach, vomiting, stomach pain, and constipation.
• Central Nervous System: Giddiness, lightheadedness, muscle weakness, confusion, disorientation, agitation, and hallucinations.
• Miscellaneous: Fever, pain, swelling, redness, and rash.
Dosage & When it is to be taken (Indications)
Adults – PO- The recommended dose is 2.5 mg 3 times daily after meals initially. It may be increased up to 5 mg 3 times daily.
How to use Axeps (2.5mg)?
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
When is Axeps (2.5mg) not to be taken? (Contraindications)
Contraindicated in patients with increased eye pressure, ulcer, prostate enlargement, bowel or urinary obstruction, myasthenia gravis, and hypersensitivity.
Warnings and Precautions for Axeps (2.5mg)
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of increased eye pressure, prostate enlargement, low blood pressure, mental illness, irregular heartbeat, ulcers, intestinal inflammation, difficulty in urinating, heart, kidney, liver, lung, nervous system, or thyroid disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid abrupt withdrawal.
• Avoid becoming overheated in hot weather; drink plenty of fluids to keep your body cool.
Other Precautions for Axeps (2.5mg)
Avoid excess dosage.
Storage Conditions for Axeps (2.5mg)
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.