About Conformin SR 500mg
Conformin is an oral antidiabetic agent, prescribed for type 2 diabetes. It helps control blood sugar levels.
Side effects of Conformin
• Most Common : Diarrhea, vomiting and infection.
• Body as a Whole : Accidental injury, headache and infection.
• Gastrointestinal : Indigestion and nausea.
• Respiratory : Nose inflammation.
Dosage & When it is to be taken (Indications)
Dose is based on patient’s condition. The recommended dose is 0.5 to 2.5mg in divided doses.
How to use Conformin?
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
When is Conformin not to be taken? (Contraindications)
Contraindicated in patients with diabetic ketoacidosis (high blood glucose with the presence of ketones in the urine), kidney disease and hypersensitivity.
Warnings and Precautions for Conformin
• It may cause dizziness, do not drink alcohol beverages while taking this medication.
• It may lead to dehydration; drink plenty of water to avoid this problem.
• Monitor blood sugar regularly.
• Take your food properly; otherwise it will lead to low blood sugar.
• Caution needed in elderly patients, children, and during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Other Precautions for Conformin
Avoid excess dosage.
Storage Conditions for Conformin
Store it at room temperature.