About Glimicon – M
Glimicon – M is a sulfonylurea antidiabetic agent, prescribed for type 2 diabetes. It works by causing the pancreas to produce insulin.
Side effects of Glimicon – M
• Most Common : Low blood sugar, temporary visual impairment and GI disturbances.
• Miscellaneous : Dizziness, weakness, headache, nausea/vomiting, lightheadedness, confusion and irritability.
Dosage & When it is to be taken (Indications)
Adult- PO- Initial- The recommended starting dose is 1-2 mg once daily, with food. Maximum: 2mg/day.
How to use Glimicon – M?
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
When is Glimicon – M not to be taken? (Contraindications)
Contraindicated in patients with diabetic ketoacidosis, with or without coma, and hypersensitivity.
Warnings and Precautions for Glimicon – M
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver and kidney disease, ketoacidosis, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
Other Precautions for Glimicon – M
Avoid excess dosage.
Storage Conditions for Glimicon – M
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.