About Lemit 200Mg Tablet
Prescribed to control some types of seizures that may result due to epilepsy and treat bipolar disorder, Lemit 200Mg Tablet is meant for oral consumption. The drug is available in the form of regular tablets that have to be swallowed, tablets that can be chewed or those that dissolve in the mouth. Extended release tablets are also available.
Before starting the medication you should be aware of some of the common side effects of Lemit 200Mg Tablet. They are-
- feeling sleepy, or insomnia
- headache, which may be accompanied with blurred or double vision
- back pain
- runny nose, sore throat and fever
- skin rashes
Some serious side effects of Lemit 200Mg Tablet include rashes that can result in sores or blisters, multi-organ hypersensitivity which can lead to fever, acute pain in the muscles and yellowing of the skin. Behavioral changes may also result, which may include suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, anger, aggressiveness and restlessness.
Patients should inform their doctor about the medication that they are already taking for other health problems before starting Lemit 200Mg Tablet. This is because certain drugs interfere with the effectiveness of Lemit 200Mg Tablet. for instance oral contraceptives reduces the level of Lemit 200Mg Tablet, thus affecting the action of the drug. HIV drugs as well as tuberculosis medicines have the same effect on Lemit 200Mg Tablet.
The dosage of the drug prescribed may vary from individual to individual depending on the age, health condition, severity of the health problem, and reaction to the initial dose. Initially the doctor may begin with a 25 mg dose and increase it gradually. A dosage up to 300 mg can be taken according to the reaction to the medicine. In case of liver of kidney problems the doctor may prescribe the drug after conducting a thorough medical check-up.
Information given here is based on the salt and content of the medicine. Effect and uses of medicine may vary from person to person. It is advicable to consult a Psychiatrist before using this medicine.
What are the uses of Lemit 200Mg Tablet
- EpilepsyLemit 200Mg Tablet is used in the treatment of Epilepsy which is a brain disorder that causes repeated seizures. Uncontrolled jerking movements and loss of consciousness are some of the symptoms of Epilepsy.
- Bipolar DisorderLemit 200Mg Tablet is used in the treatment of bipolar disorder. Unusual shifts in the mood like hyperactivity and tiredness are some of the symptoms of bipolar disorder.
What are the side effects of Lemit 200Mg Tablet ?
- Blurred Or Double Vision
- Loss Of Coordination
- Skin Rash
- Depressed Mood
- Swelling Of Face, Lips, Eyelids, Tongue, Hands And Feet
- Flu-Like Symptoms
- Nausea Or Vomiting
- Running Nose
What are the dosage instructions?
- Missed DoseIf you miss a dose of Lemit 200Mg Tablet, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it’s almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not double your dose to make up for the missed dose.
- OverdoseSeek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of an overdose.