About LEVECON SR 500
An anticonvulsant, LEVECON SR 500 is normally combined with other medicines and is used to treat different types of seizures in both adults as well as children who are suffering from epilepsy. LEVECON SR 500 is known to treat partial-onset, tonic-clonic and myoclonic seizures in epileptic patients. Apart from that, it may also be used for treating other health conditions as and when determined by the doctor. In cases of children and elderly people, it needs to be prescribed with caution. The medicine decreases the abnormal activities that happens in the brain during a seizure. It has to be taken orally. The medicine is available in both tablet and liquid form.
LEVECON SR 500 belongs to the group of drugs called anticonvulsants, which helps in reducing or preventing the frequency of seizures that one experiences if suffering from different kinds of epilepsy. This medication is generally combined with other medicines and is useful in treating myoclonic (jerking/twitching of muscles), partial-onset (seizure affecting in one part of the brain) or general tonic-clonic seizures (affecting your entire brain) in epileptic patients. It slows down the abnormal impulses of the nerves in your brain, thus reducing the seizures. It can be taken both by adults and children suffering from epilepsy. LEVECON SR 500 is available both in tablet and liquid form.
There are some medical conditions that may have an interaction with LEVECON SR 500 . Therefore, it is important that you inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to be, have a kidney disease or are undergoing dialysis, any other medicines that you take on a regular basis, allergies if any and a history of mental conditions like depression or suicidal tendencies.
The dosage of LEVECON SR 500 is generally based on the medical condition and responsiveness of your body towards the treatment. In children, the body weight is also taken into consideration. You may be prescribed a low dose initially by your doctor that can, in time, be increased gradually depending upon how your body responds. You must take this medication on a regular basis for best results. However, ensure that you do not overdose or continue having it longer than you have been prescribed. Also, do not stop taking LEVECON SR 500 abruptly, as it can cause your seizures to worsen. The dose should be gradually decreased and then stopped, if required.
LEVECON SR 500 has a tendency to make you drowsy in the initial weeks of treatment, therefore you should refrain yourself from driving or any other activities that require alertness. Also, you must limit your consumption of alcohol when under this medication.
The side effects of LEVECON SR 500 include feeling unusually tired, dizzy, weak or drowsy. These symptoms generally occur in the first month of taking the medicine, and then gradually lessen as the body adjusts to it. You may have to seek medical help if you experience more serious side effects such as:
- of hair. However, you should consult your doctor as soon as you can if you experience any of these symptoms:
- A skin rash, itching, hives, swelling of your lips, tongue or the face. It would indicate that you had an allergic reaction to the medication.
- If you are suffering from fever, sore throat or chills.
- Changes in your vision.
- Sudden seizures
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Redness or yellowing of the skin, or blisters, peeling and loosening of your skin. It may also include the insides of your mouth.
- Discoloured urine or light coloured stool
- Losing appetite, or pain in the right side of your upper belly
- Feeling unusually tired or weak
- Having flu-like symptoms
Since LEVECON SR 500 may cause liver problems in some cases, it is advised to limit your consumption of alcohol when you are under this medication.
Information given here is based on the salt and content of the medicine. Effect and uses of medicine may vary from person to person. It is advicable to consult a Neurologist before using this medicine.
What are the uses of LEVECON SR 500
- EpilepsyLEVECON SR 500 is used in the treatment of Epilepsy which is a brain disorder that causes repeated seizures. Uncontrolled jerking movements and loss of consciousness are some of the symptoms of Epilepsy.
- SeizuresLEVECON SR 500 is used in the treatment of seizures which is a brain disorder and may lead to Epilepsy if untreated. Brain injury or infection of the brain are the common causes of seizures.
What are the side effects of LEVECON SR 500 ?
- Aggression Or Anger
- Loss Of Appetite
- Mood Swings
- Double Vision
- Muscle Pain
- Body Pain
- Skin Rash
- Change In Skin Color
What are the dosage instructions?
- Are there any missed dose instructions?If you miss a dose of LEVECON SR 500 , take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it’s almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not double your dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Are there any overdose instructions?Seek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of an overdose.