About Monolith SR 400Mg Tablet
Monolith SR 400Mg Tablet is an element that derives its name from the Greek word lithos meaning stone. It is used as a medicine most effectively in the treatment of bipolar disorder and other mental disorders such as poor cognitive skills, aggressive behavior, insomniac tendencies, hyperactivity. It can also be used to treat epilepsy, diabetes, liver and kidney disease, arthritis, asthma, frequent headaches, eating disorders such as anorexia, bulimia and for blood disorders such as anemia.
On using Monolith SR 400Mg Tablet you may experience certain side effects such as nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, fatigue, muscle weakness, mild tremors, frequent urge to urinate and thirst. These effects will decrease over time, however, if they should continue and worsen, seek medical aid right away. Certain precautionary protocols that you are advised to follow before using Monolith SR 400Mg Tablet includes notifying your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant. Monolith SR 400Mg Tablet can prove to be fatal for the fetus if used during pregnancy.
- Are breastfeeding a baby. It can cause certain harmful side effects to the baby.
- Have a history of heart disease, thyroid or kidney disease.
- Are taking any prescriptive or over the counter drugs, herbal medications or dietary supplements.
- Have recently had a surgery or are scheduled for one soon. Lithium usage should be discontinued two weeks before your surgery.
The dosage for Monolith SR 400Mg Tablet will be determined by your doctor as per the seriousness of your condition, overall health, gender and age. Usually the prescribed dosage for adults diagnosed with manic or bipolar disorder is about 1800 mg per day. It should be taken in three sets of about 600 mg each in the morning, afternoon and night. The dose for children 12 years or older is also the same. Patients are advised to seek the help of your health care provider should you suspect drug overdose, or symptoms of Brugada, encephalopathy, diabetes or insipidus.
Information given here is based on the salt and content of the medicine. Effect and uses of medicine may vary from person to person. It is advicable to consult a Psychiatrist before using this medicine.
What are the uses of Monolith SR 400Mg Tablet
- ManiaMonolith SR 400Mg Tablet is used in the treatment of mania which is mood disorder characterized by hyperactivity, elevation in mood and extreme enthusiasm.
- Bipolar DisorderMonolith SR 400Mg Tablet is used in the treatment of bipolar disorder characterized by unusual shifts in the mood like hyperactivity and tiredness are some of the symptoms of bipolar disorder.
What are the side effects of Monolith SR 400Mg Tablet ?
- Increased Thirst
- Weight Gain
- Changes In Vision
- Skin Rash
- Excessive Air Or Gas In Stomach
What are the dosage instructions?
- Missed Dose instructionsTake the missed dose as soon as you remember. If almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not double your dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Overdose instructionsSeek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of an overdose.