About Neuropin ME
Neuropin ME is an anticonvulsant, prescribed for postherpetic neuralgia, and epilepsy.
Side effects of Neuropin ME
• Body As A Whole : Fatigue, increased weight, back pain, swelling in the extremities, weakness, infection, headache, accidental injury and abdominal pain.
• Heart : Dilatation of blood vessels.
• Gastrointestinal : Indigestion, dry mouth or throat, constipation, increased appetite, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and flatulence.
• Blood : Decrease in white blood cells.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle pain and fracture.
• Central Nervous System : Drowsiness, dizziness, incoordination, night blindness, tremor, nervousness, memory loss, depression, abnormal thinking and twitching.
• Respiratory : Runny nose and cough.
• Skin : Abrasion, itching and rash.
• Metabolic : Swelling in the extremities, weight gain and increased blood sugar.
• Genitourinary : Impotence.
• Eye and ENT : Blurred vision, eye inflammation, double vision and ear infection.
Dosage & When it is to be taken (Indications)
In adults with postherpetic neuralgia, neurontin therapy may be initiated as a single 300-mg dose on day 1, 600 mg/day on day 2 in divided doses and 900 mg/day on day 3 in divided doses.
Patients > 12 years of age: The effective dose of neurontin is 900 to 1800 mg/day and given in divided doses (three times a day) using 300 or 400 mg capsules, or 600 or 800 mg tablets. The starting dose is 300 mg three times a day.
How to use Neuropin ME?
It comes as a tablet, capsule, and syrup to take by mouth, with or without food.
When is Neuropin ME not to be taken? (Contraindications)
Warnings and Precautions for Neuropin ME
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of depression, suicidal thoughts, kidney impairment, any allergy, who are taking other medications, children especially less than 3 years old, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of suicidal thoughts; watch them carefully.
• Monitor liver function, kidney function, and complete blood cell counts regularly while taking this medication.
Other Precautions for Neuropin ME
Avoid excess dosage.
Storage Conditions for Neuropin ME
Store at 25°C.