About Promig 5mg
Promig 5mg is a drug that is used to prevent migraine attacks. It is used to lower the frequency of the attacks and in some instances the severity. However, it should be noted that Promig 5mg should not be used for the treatment of an already occurring acute migraine attack. Promig 5mg is grouped under a category of non-selective drugs called calcium antagonists. Sibelius is one of the trade names for Promig 5mg amongst many others. medipharmas.shop
The common side effects of Promig 5mg are drowsiness, weight gain, nausea, heartburn, anxiety, and depression (as seen in adults). Should these effects persist for longer durations inform your physician. Also inform your doctor if you are troubled by skin rash, muscle aches, irregular heartbeat, difficulty in breathing, and tremor. In case of a recent stroke, heart failure, and hypotension, this drug may be contraindicated. As a preventive measure before taking this drug, it is advised that you notify your doctor if medipharmas.shop
- You are allergic to Promig 5mg or any other medications.
- You are someone with a history of depression.
- You have a history of movement disorder.
- You have a history of extrapyramidal symptoms.
- You have recently had liver problems.
- You are pregnant, are planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding a baby. medipharmas.shop
Promig 5mg is a tablet that is taken through the mouth. If you miss a dose take it as soon as possible. However, if it already time for your next dose, do not club doses but skip the previous one. Ensure to keep these tablets in a cool and dry place (between 15 to 30 degrees C) and out of the reach of children. If you happen to overdose contact your doctor right away. You may experience drowsiness if Promig 5mg interacts with alcohol. Other cases of interactions that may pose a health hazard are unknown but it is recommended that you notify your doctor if you smoke or drink caffeine. medipharmas.shop
The information given here is based on the salt and content of the medicine. The effect and uses of medicine may vary from person to person. It is advisable to consult a Neurologist before using this medicine. medipharmas.shop
What are the uses of Promig 5mg?
- Prevention Of Migraine AttacksThis medicine is used to prevent migraine headaches with or without aura. It should not be used to treat a headache that has already set in.
- Prevention Of VertigoThis medicine is used for the prevention of vertigo and other conditions of the inner ears and the brain (vestibular disorders). medipharmas.shop
What are the side effects of Promig 5mg?
- Tingling Or Numbness Of The Hands And Feet
- Ringing Or Buzzing In The Ears
- Excessive/No Sleep
- Twitching And Unusual Movement Of Muscles
- Swelling Of Face, Lips, Eyelids, Tongue, Hands, And Feet
- Weight Gain
- Increased Appetite
- Blocked Or Runny Nose
- Irregular Menstrual Periods
- Unusual Tiredness And Weakness
- Excessive Sweating
- Change In Libido
- Allergic Skin Reaction
- Elevated Liver Enzymes
What are the dosage instructions?
- Missed Dose instructions Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose then the missed dose can be skipped.
- Overdose instructions Contact your doctor immediately if an overdose with this medicine is suspected. Symptoms of an overdose may include drowsiness, tiredness, increased heart rate, mild agitation, etc. medipharmas.shop