About Sezex 300mg
Sezex 300mg is a drug that aids in the control of seizures in patients who suffer from epilepsy. The drug is an anticonvulsant, and effectively increases a certain type of brain chemical that control some seizures. The drug may also be used to treat other conditions as per the doctor’s guidance.
Sezex 300mg is meant for oral consumption and can be taken before or with a meal. It is generally advised that the drug should not be taken with carbonated drinks, as irritation in the throat may occur. The dosage of the drug is primarily dependent on the patient’s age, health, weight and severity of the condition. In case you are taking Sezex 300mg to control seizures do not stop it suddenly. It is advised that the drug should be discontinued gradually, so as to prevent any complications.
Sezex 300mg use can lead to some side effects which include- dizziness, hair loss, tremor, diarrhea, changed in weight and blurred or double vision. These side effects stop gradually, but in case any of them continue or tend to worsen seek medical help immediately. A few patients may also experience mood swings and undergo depression resulting in suicidal thoughts. In this case family members should be well aware of such a side effect to take care of the patient. In case of over dosage of the drug seek immediate medical help. Symptoms of over dosage can include coma, irregular heart rate and extreme drowsiness.
In case of adults the doctor may prescribe a dosage ranging from 1000mg to 2000mg on a daily bases. Very low doses of Sezex 300mg are prescribed to children that may vary from 25mg to 30mg. An allergic reaction is very rare to this drug but may occur, resulting in a rash or chest pain along with shortness of breath. Seek medical help in this case.
Information given here is based on the salt and content of the medicine. Effect and uses of medicine may vary from person to person. It is advicable to consult a Neurologist before using this medicine.
What are the uses of Sezex 300mg
- EpilepsySezex 300mg is used in the treatment of Epilepsy which is a brain disorder that causes repeated seizures. Uncontrolled jerking movements and loss of consciousness are some of the symptoms of Epilepsy.
- ManiaSezex 300mg is used in the treatment of mania which is a mental disorder characterized by hyperactivity and racing thoughts.
- Migraine ProphylaxisSezex 300mg is used as prophylaxis in migraine headaches characterized by severe headache, eye pain, nausea, and vomiting.
What are the side effects of Sezex 300mg ?
- Nausea Or Vomiting
- Shakiness In The Legs, Arms, Hands Or Feet
- Blurred Vision
- Weight Gain
- Body Pain
- Skin Rash
- Dry Or Scaly Skin
What are the dosage instructions?
- Missed DoseIf you miss a dose of Sezex 300mg , take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it’s almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not double your dose to make up for the missed dose.
- OverdoseSeek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of an overdose.