About Topicon 100Mg Tablet
Topicon 100Mg Tablet, an anti-convulsing, aids in the treatment of seizures. The doctor may prescribe the drug with a combination of other medicines or all on its own, depending on the condition of the patient. The drug also effectively prevents headaches that occur because of migraine. Topicon 100Mg Tablet controls certain chemicals present in the brain, thus treating seizures and preventing headaches.
The drug should only be used if it is prescribed by a doctor. Before starting the drug provide your medical history and discuss the benefits and risks of taking it. The drug is not meant for patients who are allergic to any ingredient in it or those who suffer from metabolic acidosis, that is, high levels of acid in the blood. Also inform your doctor if you are pregnant or trying to conceive or breast feeding before starting Topicon 100Mg Tablet. Give him a list of medicines that you are taking presently. Ensure that you include prescribed, non-prescribed as well as any herbal medicines that you are taking. This is primarily because there are some medicines which tend to react with Topicon 100Mg Tablet resulting in severe complications. Tell the doctor about any allergies related to food or other medicines that you may have.
Some side effects will occur when you take Topicon 100Mg Tablet. A few common side effects of this drug are-
- appetite loss
- dryness of the mouth
- pain in the stomach
Some patients may also experience severe side effects like-
- pain in the bones
- fever accompanied with chills
- pain in the chest
- problems with concentration and coordination
- behavioral changes, like mood swings
- fainting spells
A doctor should be consulted if the side effects persist or become worse.
Information given here is based on the salt and content of the medicine. Effect and uses of medicine may vary from person to person. It is advicable to consult a Psychiatrist before using this medicine.
What are the uses of Topicon 100Mg Tablet
- SeizuresTopicon 100Mg Tablet is used in the treatment of seizures which is a brain disorder characterized by uncontrolled jerking movements and loss of consciousness.
- Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (Lgs)Topicon 100Mg Tablet is used in the treatment of Lennox-Gastaut syndrome which is a type of seizures characterized by multiple seizures.
- Migraine HeadacheTopicon 100Mg Tablet is used in the treatment of a severe headache in migraine patients.
What are the side effects of Topicon 100Mg Tablet ?
- Blurred Vision
- Unusual Tiredness And Weakness
- Abdominal Pain
- Loss Of Appetite
- Hair Loss
- Pale Skin
- Back Pain
What are the dosage instructions?
- Missed Dose instructionsTake the missed dose as soon as you remember. If itâ€™s almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not double your dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Overdose instructionsSeek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor if any symptoms of the overdose like drowsiness, slurred speech appear.